Top 10 Reasons to Attend Aurum Prep
Updated: Jul 28, 2021
One of the most important decisions a family makes for their children is where to send them to school. At Aurum Preparatory Academy (Aurum Prep), we promise to prepare every student for college and a life of ethical leadership, from the moment they enter our doors.
Aurum Prep is an outstanding student-centered middle school with an optimistic and positive culture. Keep reading to find out what makes us the optimal public school choice.
Here are the top 10 reasons to send your student to Aurum Prep:
1. Social/ Emotional Well Being Each morning, we greet every one of our scholars by name, with a handshake and a greeting. This allows our students to feel welcome and seen, and begins their morning on a positive note. In addition to creating this personalized connection, we also have a school psychologist to support our students’ mental health.
2. Design Thinking
We teach all students to think about how they can make things better. Design thinking is about taking apart ideas, looking at all angles and creating something new. It’s all about learning how to see and create more possibilities and solve problems through innovation.
3. Optimism and Courage We teach optimism and courage by teaching students to learn from failure and grow.. This foundational life skill is also a big part of our community culture.
4. Student to Teacher Ratio Classes at Aurum Prep have an average student to teacher ratio of 12:1, allowing direct support for all students. We prioritize making time for, and meeting the individual needs of each student.
5. Focus on Character Growth
We are a values based school that operates with a growth mindset. We work closely with parents, families, and the community to ensure that all students grow and develop into their best selves.
6. Student Recognition Each Friday, we recognize student achievement in each grade during our school-wide celebration called Community Circle. Students are celebrated for both academic achievement and personal development.
7. Leadership Development
As ethical leaders ourselves, we lead by example to teach explicit character development. Each student spends time every week experiencing learning about and developing our school G.O.L.D. values of Growth, Optimism, Leadership, and Design Thinking.
8. Culturally Diverse Teachers Our teaching staff is representative of our community’s cultural diversity. We began Aurum Prep with a 75% black male teaching staff. While our demographics change as we grow every year, the majority of our staff is comprised of men and women of color and the benefit to students that we see from this leadership in our school is exceptional.
9. Week Without Walls We push Aurum Prep students to be creative thinkers and connect with the world around them. Our Week Without Walls is a full week where our scholars work on interdisciplinary projects outside of our school walls.
10. College Visits in Middle School To begin our students’ journey to choosing the best college for them, we take them on several college campus visits. By creating experiences where our students interact with colleges, we empower them to make great choices for their future.
Give Your Child the Gold Standard in Education
The future begins today. At Aurum Prep, our students are taking the steps they need to celebrate today, and make tomorrow brighter. Learn more about enrolling your student by calling us at 415.763.8974 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out our registration packet.
About Aurum Prep
Aurum Preparatory Academy, located in Oakland, California, teaches college preparation, character development, and design thinking to all our scholars. Through rigorous instruction and positive character education, Aurum Prep educates all students in grades 6 through 8 to succeed in high school, college, and life, and serve as the next generation of moral leaders. Enroll your middle school student today.